Thursday, December 4, 2014

The Countdown begins.....

Cannot even believe it is already December and we have started the Christmas countdown.  This year to commemorate the days leading up to my favorite holiday I made some advent calendars.  Thanks to the inspiration of Tim Holtz and his media team member Anna-Karin. Instructions for the advent calendar are here on Anna-Karin's blog Layers of Ink.  I also made three others in less of the vintage style for my sister, a friend and of course us!

Here they are:







And of course the one for my sister HAD to have snowmen on it:




The other two: 







For the latter ones- I added my own flair and used wash tape around all the edges instead of painting. I love the candy cane look and feel that it gave to the project.  I also used Tim Holtz's Letterpress and some decorated trees (colored with distress stain sprays of course) to add some interest to the top!
Let the countdown begin! Oh, and most importantly all drawers were filled with yummy surprises!

1 comment:

  1. So fun! Love how you tailored them to each person's interests!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment