Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Day in the Studio Creating

Happy to be spending the day in my studio creating! I have two more projects to share - one using the new Tim Holtz die Fresh Brewed- my absolute favorite and one for the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge. I will be doing 2 separate posts for these since their styles are so different!

 So for any of you that know me I love coffee- STARBUCKS to be more specific! Nothing beats a good latte! So when Tim came out with his coffee themed stamps and dies- I was more than excited!!  Today I decided to make a card using the dies- I was in the mood to get back to my grungy-vintage-inky style after the last few clean and simple cards I have created.  I really love both looks- but INKY is my favorite!
I went through my stash of pre-made backgrounds and found some great textures/patterns to use to cut out the coffee cups.



I found some DCWV woven paper that I used to cut out the lid and the cup sleeve- then I put the sleeve through the crimper to get that corrugate look! Of course all the pieces were inked with distress ink and I used Tim's new thinlit dies from the love collection for the sentiment. The colors just remind me so much of coffee stains and Starbucks! I saw a photo on the wall at my local Starbucks of a burlap bag of coffee beans which gave my the inspiration for the watercolor 
mono print background I used made with Tim's layering stencil Burlap.





 Since this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is No Rules- I thought I would enter this card- it's stuff I have been yearning to play and create with since it arrived!
You can join the challenge here on  the Simon Says Stamp Blog!





2 comments:

Post a Comment