Saturday, March 14, 2015

B is for Beach and Beautiful Blue Waters : SSS Monday Challenge

While the snow piled up outside is beginning to melt and the temperatures have been teasing us with signs of spring, I am still dreaming of a tropical escape to the warmth surrounded by beach and blue waters.  Since I cannot fly away right now, I decided to escape to the studio and create my own version of paradise.

The Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge is B is for.... For me B is for Beach and my favorite color Blue.  Here's my entry in this week's challenge:


The background was created with Tim Holtz's Stripes layering stencil, using the layering stencil mono print technique.  I colored some texture past and added drops  to the edges to simulate the bubbles.  The starfish was stamped, cut out and colored with distress ink (watercolor technique).  And I chose one of my favorite sentiments from Tim's line.



I love the feel of this card-close my eyes and I can hear the ocean!  

You can join the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge here:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog

1 comment:

  1. This beautiful card surely makes me think of the ocean with all the pretty blue stamping and starfish! Lovely card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment