Sunday, March 1, 2015

Fresh Brewed...

Back in the studio again today- creating with my Tim Holtz Fresh Brewed die.  This has to be my all time favorite!  Decided to make a birthday card for a good friend using this die and then just kept creating. Here's what I came up with:



The backgrounds for each card were made differently- for the friends forever card, I used a background stamp from IO (Balzer Designs) with versa mark ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder on patterned paper.  Using this as a resist I inked with blue and green Distress inks. 


Using the fresh brewed die I die cut the coffee cup from a previous background I made with the same colors of distress- using the layering stencil mono print technique.  The sleeve and cover were cut from DCWV white woven paper and inked.
The friends forever sentiment is from Tim's new Sizzix thinlints "love". 
A touch of frayed burlap was added under the cup for added texture- just love how the burlap looks!

The second card's color scheme was more muted- browns, orange, yellows and black.  The background here was a layering stencil monoprint with distress ink.  Using Tim's splatter stencil I added a touch of Wendi Vecchi's black embossing paste  to the corners.  Such cool texture and looks like spilt coffee grounds.  In the case the burlap serves as the backdrop for the sentiment - from chit chat phrases  be fearless, embrace the journey. 




I could play with this die all day!! Just love it.  I will be entering these cards into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge No Rules which you can join in here.



Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic coffee cards! Love the texture with the burlap and the background patterns! Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! .

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! These are the most stylish coffee cups I've seen in a very long time! I really love the colors you chose and I thought it was brilliant of you to include so much texture with the burlap. I like how the two cards tie together, yet each one is truly its own. The backgrounds alone are mind-blowing! You did an incredible job and I feel absolutely inspired. Thanks for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool :)
    Like the burlap in the front and back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Projects really nice! The smell of coffee came up to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on being one of our Spotlight Designers at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! I knew you totally nailed it with these and kudos on a tremendous job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fantastic! I like the burlap, I think coffee beans used to be shipped in burlap sacks, so very appropriate. Love these. Oh, and congrats on the Spotlight at SSS.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment