Friday, September 18, 2015

Cut it Up Challenge: Oh Brother (or Sister)...

Hello crafty friends! I am back from vacation- and although I really miss the beach, Fall is in the air here I love it!
For this week's Cut it Up Challenge the theme is:

Oh Brother! (or Sister/Best Buddy)  Make something for your sibling or someone who is like a sibling to you!  Now here's the fun part of this challenge:  Share the story behind your creation!

So for my Design Team Inspiration project I chose to make something for my oldest sister Reggie!  Reggie is very crafty and paints, sews, and quilts! She has been a great inspiration and support in sharing my crafting/designing dreams.  AND she LOVES snowmen! 


I love the layers and the textures used in this design and the die cut was actually used as the negative to expose the snowman in the background.  The background was created by first using a Distress Ink technique from Tim Holtz called Wrinkle Free Distress- and I added a bit of flair of my own with some Perfect Pearls mixed in.  Then the entire piece was run through an embossing folder to create the snowflakes. 
I cut the snowman Tim Holtz/Sizzix Bigz die) from corrugate and used some spray stains to give it some color (white/blue)-and I used the negative piece over the background I created.


Winter Wonderland was also cut from corrugate using Tim Holtz Holiday thin-lits and sprayed with Hero Arts Unicorn White.
All pieces were adhered using the Xyron Creative Station and the Xyron 1.5" Sticker Maker.
I cannot believe the summer is over since I was just at the beach here in  Massachusetts last week. Looking forward to Fall and sweatshirt weather! 
Before we know it winter will be here- and Christmas too- so I am getting a jump start on my Christmas greetings!
Hope you will join in the Cut it Up Challenge this week too and make something fun for your favorite sibling!

4 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful snowman card and how lucky for you to have a dear sister who is a crafty inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! My sis loves snowmen too! Sure she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card!!! Your Sister will love it!! Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Card! Your Sister will just LOVE it! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment