Thursday, January 25, 2018

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Layering

Hello all! It has been a long time since I have posted on my blog, but I am excited to get back into the swing of things.  Now that we are officially settled here in South Carolina and my studio is rebuilt I am ready to share some fun projects, inspiration and tutorials with y'all.
For today's post I am featuring a Valentine's Day card that I made for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Layering.  It features My Favorite Things stamp Monster Sized-love these cute monsters!



I stamped the background using two of the little monsters from the set and then colored them with Copic markers.  I layered the one "red" monster atop one of the stamped images for some depth and added some google eyes as well.


I then stamped the sentiment "Sending Monster sized Love" onto Simon Says Stamp black card stock  and white heat embossed it. I again layered this atop the middle of the card front with some dimensional foam tape.
To add a bit more interest to the white background areas I used the Tim Holtz Distress Marker Sprayer and the Candied Apple Distress Marker to add some fine mists of ink in these areas.
I just love this stamp set and stay tuned here on my blog for some additional projects for Valentine's Day using these as well as other stamps from the MFT new release.

Embrace Imperfection
Pam


SaveSave

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous cards. Great layering. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Layer It Up Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment